Friday, February 7, 2014

Tech Slam at TCEA iPad Academy 2014

I spend all year getting excited to attend TCEA and I can't believe its over.  This year, my instructional technology team and I attended the iPad academy.  We curated the tweets using Storify from the academy presentations we attended and built the Thinglink below.  It is filled with apps, websites, tips and tricks for using ipads.

One of my favorite features of the iPad academy this year is the tech slam.  A bunch of attendees file in a room and are encouraged to jump up on stage and connect their iPad to the projector to share their favorite app or web tool on the mammoth projector.  It always begins with many of the audience members staring at each other hoping someone will share an idea.  But, it ALWAYS ends up with a line of people vying for the spotlight to share.  It usually takes a few brave souls and then there's no stopping a room full of teachers, instructional techs, librarians and principals.  The result is an ever growing list of new apps that encourage creativity and collaboration.  Just when I think, "been there, done that", I am surprised at the ingenuity of  many app creators.  As an instructional technologist, my team and I have loved the idea of the tech slam so much, we've integrated it in some of our educational technology professional days.  I just know this would be a great learning experience to use with your students in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment